Sunday, February 7, 2010

Kielbasa, Witch Brooms and Cheers

The setting was this huge store with really tall ceilings, tall shelves, tiny isles with tons of stuff from toys to steaks. There were a ton of halloweeny looking things, and lights to a weird sort of christmas theme..

It started off pretty harmless. I was flying around on a broom I think, like a witch, fairly successfully, too, unlike most dreams I have. I went high, came down quick, used my foot to pivot/break on the wall, then speed off again. It was kind of fun.

A few of my recognizable friends were there. One girl was talking with a guy I liked, and I got jealous so went off somewhere. I bumped into an old friend. I was carrying a steak at this point, or kielbasa, and when we were walking to the check out she told me to steal something and I told her "I'm really no good at stealing" so nothing came of it. She was buying everything with her dad's credit card, at this point it felt more like a class field trip than me just bumping into some people at the store. The check out took longer than expected, the employees seemed really odd. Our cashier was too busy cutting open some sort of break saying "Fuck you, fuck you" every cut, as if it were a tradition to do so. Green and reds came out of the bread, like some sort of spinach filling. I forget why but I took my kielbasa and ran to the back room.

It was dark with just a bit of lighting in the center. As I walked around the corner I saw this black guy, looked like the ex-cop in Human Target, and I tried to quickly turn around before he saw me, but it was too late. He said something cop-ish, I fell and landed cheek first onto my kielbasa and I said 'I already paid for this!' So I rushed out and he said I can make you go away or something. And I hesitated, "What do you mean?" "To Jail." I left quickly.

It was storming outside of the building, and it was night. I couldn't see where the bus was until a couple seconds later; it was leaving without me. I ran over to it, leaping, and as it drove off I missed grabbing the back of it and flew off into the grassy ditch. At this point the bus was on the other side of the curb. I made a determined face, and grabbed the grass and leaped/pushed myself off the ground, up the ditch. At the top there were these dogs, Dobermans or Rottweilers, one bit the back of my left hand and tore away a chunk of flesh, but I didn't care, I just wanted to get on the bus.

Then something happened - it flashbacked to the inside of the store, everyone was lined up to the doorways out, and it was a birds eye view. It was sort of sad, like we had all lost/failed/died and this was some sort of montage looking back at us. The hallway we were in had these white columns with trim at the top, dark cream paint with red accents.. it was a thin, narrow hallway, the sliding doors to get out in front of us. We were doing some sort of dance/song - it seemed choreographed like something you would see at the end of Step It Up or w/e those dance/cheerleader movies are.

That's all I remember

No comments:

Post a Comment