Monday, February 1, 2010

Trees, Metal Rod Rocks, and Custode

A dream, really, rather than a nightmare but there were some vivid memories. A forest leading to a small cup of land, tall though, with a cluster of tree in it, floating in the middle of a shallow lake. Looked almost like a small/skinny banyan tree. The edges were breaking off as I stood on the roots and hung on to the branches. I safely dropped into the inch deep water to walk away with the party I was with.

Walking up a mountain side, a narrow path surrounded by two fairly large rock walls that eventually transitioned into fake rocks made of metal. There were trucks at the end of the path, unloading heavy, curled rod, shaped into boulders were welded/molded further to look like rock. Passed the trucks, I walked to the top of a balcony with a large set of stairs leading down. It was very neutral in color (greys, green greys, grey browns, etc) but well lit with a warm feeling. I was late for figure class. We were studying acrylic painting with lighting. I hat to run downstairs to get the rest of my supplies, and get back to my place. Custode was there, and Bethany was asked to give a demo of how she paints figures. 'Simple shapes, not too small, not too big, an average size on your paper.'

No comments:

Post a Comment