Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Video Game Themes, Family and Waking Up Scared

There was a section of the dream, similar to a video game. At some point there was a group, a family maybe (father, mother, son) who were traveling from FL to PA to some "amusement park". I was in and out of the dream in respects to the point of view. But - the group would travel through these different rooms, "zombies"/monsters everywhere. And every one had these different abilities. The person I was closest to/shared the point of view with, could control the monsters/zombies. It was more like they would become dazed for a bit, so you would have to move quickly. At some points they would get separated and have to travel through rooms with "humans" on it, a "test" room to see their skills up to this point and to try and get them to mess up or have a "game over".

Towards the end of the "game" there was a test room similar to that of a Chili's booth - my father became the dad, my mom the mom. We had to order correctly/not complain.. not too sure. But the waitress was annoyed we weren't messing up. It jumped to a map view of the states to show we were in PA now.. and driving around kind of recklessly. Some reason was compelling us to stay in PA and not return home.

It morphed back to the other family. The little boy was upset. He had two red horns, similar to horns you would think a devil would have, protruding out of his back/shoulder blades. He was upset because his head hurt from learning too much about himself/his abilities. Everyone was trying to choke one another/kill one another.

The dream morphed again..
I was traveling down this long hallway placed outside. It was more like a deck/wooden bridge with these large gate-like walls. They had large planks of wood with metal on the bottom. The hallway was over a body of water. As I was moving through the hallway, the walls were closing and blocking me off. I hung out from the side, through the gate-walls to see if I could climb/strafe the side so I could bypass the closed off area. When I looked down into the water I could see these muddy/bloody footprints forming like something was chasing me. The water began to bubble. I decided to go for it, and the water started rising, and bubbling faster. I was trying to get as far as I could and I noticed the wate was actually boiling, it was trying to kill me by boiling me alive. I eventually got to the end by grappling the top of the gate-walls, and pulling myself across it to the end. I dropped down this stairway at the end of the hall, fully submerged in water, to the "save point" or end of the "game".

It morphed to me inside a house, "my house", and I woke up to see two figures with their faces pressed against a glass sliding door, arms coming through the crack. It freaked me out but it was just my mom and dad? trying to wake me up - my grandmother was on the phone. They wanted me to talk to her but I was too exhausted and couldn't muster the energy to speak; I just wanted to go back to sleep. Then they began to talk about some parade/carnival and me performing in it, with these huge stilted blowup things, the kind you see outside Car Lots but with people inside, and super tall, building height, made of different ornate fabrics.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment